Research takes many forms, and the Wells Haslem Mayhew team is trained in using both qualitative and quantities data gathering tools (audits; perceptions surveys; omnibus surveys; discreet intelligence gathering; social media listening; media monitoring; Meltwater platform; desktop research - Boolean searching).
Our research tools can provide various insights, for example:
- Audits can assess the effectiveness of a client’s current internal and external communications efforts.
- Perception surveys can provide a client with insight into what politicians, bureaucrats and other significant stakeholders think of them.
- Omnibus surveys: Can paint a national picture and provide statistics for news hooks.
- Social media listening: A social media audit, followed by optimisation and listening provides clients with real-time and historical data, allows them to:
- benchmark against themselves and their competitors;
- track their campaigns in real-time; and
- provide reports to show impact.
Wells Haslem Mayhew has undertaken a broad range of research projects for clients ranging from financial services, to NFP and mining. Often, this work is conducted to find out what a client’s key stakeholders are thinking and saying about them. From there, clients can develop a highly targeted communications strategy.