Wells Haslem Mayhew is a member of IPREX, a US$350m network of communications agencies. Through our membership of IPREX, our clients can access 1,800 staff in 115 offices worldwide.
Below is an overview of recent activity amongst our IPREX members.
AWARD-WINNING UK PUBLIC AFFAIRS AGENCY, NEWINGTON COMMUNICATIONS, JOINS IPREX
Newington Communications, a public affairs and corporate communications agency with five offices in the United Kingdom – London, Birmingham, Chelmsford, Edinburgh and Manchester – is now a partner in IPREX. Newington Communications brings expertise in energy and environment, education, property, transport and infrastructure, digital and corporate affairs to the entire IPREX global network. Recently, the agency won Public Affairs Awards Consultancy Campaign of the Year 2018.
WASHINGTON DC’S SDI WINS THIRD NATIONAL AWARD FOR WWI COMMEMORATION
PR News has recognized SDI as the 2018 Platinum PR Winner in the “Anniversary” category for its contributions to the success of the 2017 Centennial Commemoration of America’s Entry into World War I. PR News’ largest and most prestigious awards program, the Platinum PR Award recognizes organizations deemed “industry benchmarks for excellence across all areas of communications”. Previously, SDI was awarded the Gold Stevie Award for “Best Event” and the Bronze Stevie Award for “Public Relations Campaign of the Year” for the 2017 Centennial Commemoration.
HANOVER’S B2B AGENCY MT-MEDIEN JOINS IPREX
MT-Medien Gmbh & Co. KG, a business-to-business focused corporate communications and digital marketing agency located in Hanover, Germany is now a partner in IPREX. Founded in 1997, MT-Medien brings expertise in corporate and digital communications, media relations, content creation, social media marketing and influencer relations to the IPREX global network. MT-Medien’s clear business-to-business focus encompasses sectors including automotive, industry, insurance, technology and trade fairs with clients such as, Continental, KONE, Wagner, VHV, Johnson Controls and Deutsche Messe AG.
MC2 NAMED AS TOP 20 GLOBAL M&A ADVISER
MC2, one of the UK’s largest independent marketing agencies, has been ranked in the top 20 most active PR advisers on M&A globally in the first half of 2018.
Figures from data provider Mergermarket reveal that the Manchester-based consultancy was the only Northern-headquartered business in the top 20 for global M&A over the period, providing strategic communications advice on 19 transactions worth more than $1bn.
MC2 works with Deloitte, GCA Altium, Equistone Partners Europe, Palatine Private Equity, NorthEdge Capital and Zeus Capital.
50 YEARS YOUNG
Canadian Public Relations Society presented Life Member David Eisenstadt, founding partner of Toronto-based IPREX partner TCGPR, with his 50 Year Membership Certificate in recognition of a long and distinguished career in the practice of Public Relations at the CPRS Toronto Ace Awards gala. David is the 13th CPRS Member so honoured. Eisenstadt was Accredited after he joined the CPRS Ottawa Society in 1968. He was admitted as the first Canadian PR practitioner to the Public Relations Society of America College of Fellows in 1995 and became the first of two to be elected to the Canadian Public Relations Society’s College of Fellows in 2004.
AKCG – PUBLIC RELATIONS COUNSELORS RECEIVES “BEST IN SHOW” AT 29TH ANNUAL PRSA NJ PYRAMID AWARDS
AKCG – Public Relations Counselors (AKCG) earned “Best in Show” honours at the 29th annual Pyramid Awards in June. The annual awards recognize PR campaigns submitted by practitioners across New Jersey and the region. AKCG’s “Best in Show” submission came in the Crisis Communications category for the entry “Misleading Reporting Risks Significant
The Shell Issue 12
1. Chairman address, John Wells
2. A beacon in the darkness: How Youth Insearch is rebuilding young lives, Stav Pisk
3. A booming Melbourne & bread-and-butter issues auger well for Labor in Victoria, Robert Masters
4. Governments have the power to help Australian drivers live their electric dreams, Benjamin Haslem
5. Australians & Americans doing business: the culture battles, Alexandra Mayhew
6. If you are collecting data, protect it, don't misuse it, because consumers are fed up, George Platsis
7. 10 top digital marketing trends that will dominate 2019, Tracey Jarvis & Alexandra Mayhew
8. Blacktown’s got talent! Isabelle Walker
9. Out of the wilderness & in with a shout - the remarkable resurgence of NSW Labor, Julie Sibraa
10. Challenging Labor's property tax reform could be ScoMo's best play, Kathy Lindsay
11. Wentworth - lost on self indulgence, not the numbers, John Wells
12. The art of writing op-eds, Stav Pisk
13. It's my party & I'll plan if I want to: tips on planning a successful event, Larissa Jaffé
14. IPREX highlights